Teacher Traning Program (TTP)
The purpose of the Teacher Training Program is to provide an extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism, and to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Teachers. All Resident Teachers of Kadampa Buddhist Centers follow this in-depth program of study and practice.
The program comprises the following twelve subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
- The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
- Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
- The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary Heart of Wisdom
- Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
- Types of Mind, based on the commentary Understanding the Mind
- Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
- Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
- The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
- Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
- Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary Guide to Dakini Land
- Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
- The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
TTP in Safety Harbor
The Safety Harbor TTP class is beginning The Bodhisattva Vow.
Sundays 2:30pm – 4:30pm and 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Several week-long retreats are offered throughout the year which are also part of the TTP program.
The Teacher Training Program is a structured study program to help students deepen their own study and practice of Buddha’s teachings as well as learn how to teach others. Regular meditation retreats throughout the year are built into the program for the students’ personal development as well as teaching skills classes and discussions. Please contact us if you are interested in joining the program.