- About Us
- Weekly Meditation Classes
- Classes at the Main Center in Safety Harbor
- Chanted Prayers at the Center
- NEW ADDITIONAL CLASS LOCATIONS
- Dunedin: Beach Meditation
- Port Richey
- St. Petersburg
- South Tampa
- Tampa Downtown
- Tampa: Foundation Program
- Retreats and Events
- Lamrim Retreat: The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment 9/7-9/12
- Family Half-Day Course: Cultivating a Spiritual Family 9/20
- Beginner Half-Day Course: Learn to Meditate 10/4
- Beginner Away Retreat in Sarasota: Solve all your Problems 11/21-23
- Beginner Half-Day Course: Clear Mind at Work 12/6
- Year At A Glance
- Modern Buddhism
The programme at Parbawatiya KBC provides a precious opportunity to study and practise the special presentation of modern Buddhism taught by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, the founder of New Kadampa Tradition. All the teachers at Parbawatiya KBC are disciples of Geshe Kelsang and give teachings in accordance with this special lineage of instructions.
Drawing on the profound lineage of ancient wisdom that he holds, Geshe Kelsang presents the teachings of Buddha in a way that everyone, even non Buddhists, can easily apply them to their daily lives and begin to experience true inner peace.
Geshe Kelsang is a great believer in the universal applicability of Buddha’s teachings and presents them in such a way that everyone, regardless of nationality, age or gender, can put them into practice in their daily lives and begin to experience true inner peace.
He understands the problems faced by modern people and shows how we can solve them through simple scientific methods taught by Buddha. But though his teachings are extraordinarily clear and easy to understand they contain the entire profound lineage of ancient wisdom he holds.
Geshe-la’s oft-repeated phrase, ‘simple, but very profound’ perfectly encapsulates his uncommon presentation of modern Buddhism.